logo design logo design logo design

Sunday, September 26, 2010

CALLING ALL GREENS!! Club Overboard!!

Tokyo Verdy have OFFICIALLY announced that the home game against JEF United at Ajinomoto Stadium on November 14th will be the culmination of the "Save Our Verdy" campaign. Rumours have been rife all season concerning the state of the club, prospects for next season, money, debts, the need for new owners etc.. Well now the time is here. VERDY ARE IN DEEP SHIT AND NEED A GOOD SHOW ON NOVEMBER 14th. If any new owners are to be tempted to buy the club, they need to be shown that more than 5,000 people actually care. The 3,000 regulars will be there for sure with bells on, but for the casual supporters out there please get along to the ground and bring as many friends as you can. Verdy have always been there for 90 minutes entertainment a week for the last 10 or so  years (for me), week in week out in good times and in (usually) bad.
I suspect a lot of people couldn`t give a flying f@@K and might even be happy to see Verdy go. However, what do the people who live and breathe football week in week out do if their team is taken away from them?? To all the people who would be happy to see Verdy go just imagine YOUR team is up against it at the end of this season. Time to stand and be counted!!

Verdy have installed a Verdy Youtube Channel for fans to upload video messages of support:

http://www.youtube.com/user/verdychannel

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like this could be a day for a Fans United type event which helped save Brighton back in the 90s. I'm guessing messages of support are doing the rounds on Japanese pages and hopefully fans of other teams are being encouraged to go.

    It looks like on that day there's full program of J1 games which doesn't help, though. I'd go myself, but S-Pulse have a home game. That said, given our rapidly disintegrating season, I be tempted come the day.

    Anyway, I'll post a message of support on my page spreading the word. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot mate. Wolves were also backs to the wall in the early 80`s and survived by the skin of their teeth. Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, it happens quite a bit back home and their is usually a solution to the problem. Newport went bust but I can`t think of any other temas recently. What kills me is the debt is reported to be 400 million yen. 3million quid or HALF a Kevin Doyle!! A whole club just for half of Woves most expensive signing. Just goes to show the difference in wealth of the two leagues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Notice all the gear being sold off half price (still far too expensive at that) at the sports shop near the stadium last night, it's not looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't go to Nagoya to see Omiya get hammered so my scheddule is conveniently open! I might just saunter on down......where would be a good place to park my candy ass?

    TAFKA Soilent Green

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nic one Squiggle, Cheap seats behind the goal:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SAVE OUR VERDY! enough said.
    We'll never die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry because I can't go to support Verdy but I hope Verdy fans in Japan will go to this match.

    In this point I think the most important is to show a large crowd for the future partners because I see that 3rd place is still far away although in case of winning JEF, we can be 3 points to that place.

    ¡¡¡Vamos Verdy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Argh. Oh please; don't get me started down this avenue.
    I've supported many now-defunct soccer teams (& leagues).
    You get the feeling of “going down with the ship”, but you personally wound up on the beach of some (unchartered?) desert island.
    I'll pull out my VERDY jersey bought at the stadium back in September 2007 [a green #25 from 2006 - it was discounted], and wear it to soccer venues here in Chicago for awhile.
    I hope you succeed.

    ReplyDelete