logo design logo design logo design

Monday, November 1, 2010

Toyama Here We Come!!

HOLY SHIT!!!??? Apparently this is Toyama.....
That`s right folks, match tickets bought, Shinkansen booked, hotel (probable rat infested hovel considering the price) paid for, Tokyo Nerdy 1969 will be off to Toyama next weekend for the bash up with Kataller. Not been to a distant away game for far too long so away we go!! Nothing better than travelling in style to a new place for a game. New stadium, new scenery, new atmosphere. Like many other sad bastards I`d love to be able to have been to every stadium in the league. Love a game of footy me and there is nothing better than going to a new ground. I used to love it as a kid, getting away from an empty Molienuex,  running up the steps that used to lead to the top of one of the stands at St. Andrews. I had the excitement of going to Villa once or twice and standing on the Holte End. Hearing the mighty Boothen End in full voice at Stoke City`s old Vic. 2-2 Cup game against Arsenal.. . A day at Port Vale in January was probably one of the coldest experiences I have ever had in my life. A 2-0 Wolves victory completely numbed by spending 90 minutes standing on an open terrace with horizontal rain lashing into my face. Probably the oddest away ground is Cowdenbeath FC who have always been pure shite in Scotland. I could be mistaken but I wouldn`t be surprised if they are the only club in the world to have a hot rod track round their pitch!! Football on the Saturdy and Hot Rod racing  complete with a Demolition Derby on the Sunday won by a Hillman Imp!! Funny the things you remember......Anyway, well excited about next weekend, it`s been T-O-O long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment